The main objective of this post is to describe how to perform disk partitioning before installing 4MLinux to a blank hard disk drive.
1) Boot your copy of 4MLinux Live CD (or Live USB) and select GParted from the Maintenance menu.
2) Create a new partition table. You should choose MSDOS (old standard) or GPT (modern solution).
3) Create an ext4 partition (at least 1 GB in size) for your new 4MLinux.
4) Do you have an older machine with low RAM? If so, it is recommended to create a swap partition.
5) Are you going to use UEFI to boot? If so, you will need a FAT32 partition.
6) Time to apply changes.
7) The final step: you must set the FAT32 partition flag to ESP (EFI System Partition).